Credit Bureau Disputes
How to dispute credit information being sent to the credit bureaus on your Community State Bank accounts.
A consumer who seeks to dispute directly with Community State Bank about information we are reporting about them to a Credit Reporting Agency shall provide a dispute notice to be forwarded to the Collection Department at:
Community State Bank of Orbisonia
761 Elliott Street
Orbisonia, PA 17243
The dispute notice must:
- Be in writing;
- Identifies the specific information that is being disputed;
- Explains the basis for the dispute; and
- Includes all supporting documentation required by the furnisher to substantiate the basis of the dispute.
These procedures are included on the Bank's website. The Collection Department will:
- Conduct an investigation with respect to the disputed information;
- Review all relevant information provided by the consumer with the notice;
- Complete the investigation of the dispute and report the results of the investigation to the consumer before the end of the a 30 day period that begins upon receipt of the notice; And if the investigation finds that the information reported was inaccurate, promptly notify each CRA to which the bank furnished the inaccurate information and provide the CRA any correction that is necessary to make the information accurate, using the E-Oscar system. Any corrections will be forwarded to the Loan Operations Supervisor, so the account information can be changed on the bank's main frame, so not to refurnish the incorrect information during the nest credit reporting transmission. They will also provide the consumer with a copy of "A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act."
The Collections Department is not required to follow the above steps if it determined by the Lending Division Manager that the dispute is frivolous or irrelevant, including:
- When the customer fails to provide sufficient information to investigate the disputed information; or
- The dispute is substantially the same as a dispute previously submitted.
No later than 5 business days after making a determination that a dispute is frivolous or irrelevant the Collections Department will provide a notice to the consumer by mail including;
- The reasons for the determination; and
- Identification of any information required to investigate the disputed information.